DD could walk in a circle around the tree so that the dog would follow him (Out of the dog’s reach, of course). As the dog circled around the tree the chain would get shorter until DD could safely get into his car.
Picturesque Place Names
Boycott (Boy Caught)
1. B, 2. A, 3.E, 4.C, 5.D
In Other Words
A level playing field
A Way With Words
Searching high and low
1. Snare a hare, 2. Sweeper Keeper, 3. Mark a Lark
One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing to do and always a clever thing to say. - Will Durant
7 is the Number of Stars there are in the Big Dipper
Rhymes Five Times
1. see, 2. fee, 3. glee, 4. free, 5. plea
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for the rest of his life - Chinese Proverb
Know Your Newfoundland and Labrador
1. boil, 2. Job, 3. Baccalieu, 4. 1904
What do you know
1. justice, 2. English Channel, 3. Jack London, 4. Copenhagen
1. Saskatchewan, 2. Confederation, 3. skiing, 4. Huron
East Coast Quiz
1. Prince Edward Island, 2. Fredericton, 3. Nova Scotia, 4. Trenton
The Bayman's Crossword Puzzle
1. A 747, 2.A defence attorney
1. Rushoon, 2. Shoal Harbour, 3. South Branch, 4. Tizzard’s Harbour, 5. Victoria Cove
Dial A Smile
It's easy to lie with a straight face but it's nicer to lie with a curved body.
Crack the Code
If you always face the sunshine, you cannot see the shadows.
Food For Thought
The biggest fool of all is the one who fails to profit by his mistakes.